Our office is committed to helping patients maximize their benefits and insurance policies vary greatly. Therefore, you are fully responsible for knowing your own dental insurance and what you are not covered for. Treatment is recommended based on what you need NOT on what is covered by your plan.
It is not always possible for us to find all the information concerning your insurance plan, as insurance companies are not obligated to disclose any or all information us under the privacy act. We recommend that patients verify their coverage with their insurance coverage.
Insured patients are encouraged to provide us the following information about their insurance policy. If in doubt, always ask the insurance company. Information required:
- Name of Insurance Carrier
- Policy number, certificate number (ID)and division number (if any)•The anniversary date of the policy, for example Jan 1stor rolling calendar year
- The annual maximum benefit per patient per year
- The annual fee guide covered by their insurance policy (2011, 2012, and 2013 etc.)
- Percentage of coverage for procedures (restorative, preventative, endodontics, periodontal services and all other major treatments, such as dentures and crown & bridge
- The per person and family annual deductible amount
- Number of scaling units covered per year and frequency etc...
As a courtesy, we will gladly send your claim electronically for you, on your behalf to your insurance company providing that your company does allow electronic submission (EDI).